The Baton Rouge District Nurses Association is comprised of Registered Nurses in District 2 of the Louisiana State Nurses Association (LSNA). Our association welcomes registered nurses from all specialities and all practice areas.
A branch of LSNA at the local level, Baton Rouge District Nurses Association, shares LSNA’s committment to its mission is:
To provide leadership that promotes the profession and fosters the means to improve health care for all people.
Join the Baton Rouge District Nurses Association today and enjoy the following membership benefits.
- American Nurse Today
- The American Nurse
- The Pelican News
- The Insider
- Online access to OJIN – The Online Journal of Issues in Nursing.
- State Newsletter
- Access to ANA’s informative online (or email) newsletters including – Capital Update and Nursing Insider
- Professional Liability Insurance
- Long Term Care Insurance
- ANCC certification and recertification in more than 25 specialty areas
- ANCC Review/Resource Manuals
- Insurance plans
- Avis and Budget Car Rental
- Crocs Shoes
- Dell Computers
- Lands End Merchandise
- Save on hotel stays at Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Hotel.
- and more!
- ANA’s website with Members only areas
- LSNA’s website
- Baton Rouge District Nurses Association Website
- Online continuing education available at a discount or free to members.
- Conferences and educational events at the national and local level offered at a discount to members.
- Member discounts on nursesbooks.org – ANA’s bookstore
- Free subscription to The American Nurse – a $20 Value.
- Free subscription to The American Nurse Today – a $18.95 Value
- Free online access to OJIN – the Online Journal of Issues in Nursing.
- Free subscription to your state newsletter.
- Free access to ANA’s informative online (or email) newsletters including – Capital Update and Nursing Insider
- Participate in member surveys that let you influence the association’s agenda.
- Take part in grass roots advocacy efforts that let our elected officials hear your commitment on issues important to nursing.
Political representation at the state and national level
Provides a forum for nurses to post their resumes and to search for employment within the nursing field.
Dues revenues are divided between the district, state and national levels. These funds pay for administrative costs such as staff salaries including the LSNA Lobbyist, program services, publications, and nurse advocacy activities.
Full Membership: Membership in, and benefits of, the American Nurses Association, Louisiana State Nurses Association and LSNA District Association
ANA & State Membership: This is the “gold standard” of membership. RNs belong to their state nurses association and through that the American Nurses Association. Members of ANA & State Membership receive full membership benefits at the state and national level
Includes membership in, and benefits of, the American Nurses Association, Louisiana State Nurses Association and LSNA District Association
- Not Employed
- New Grad (New graduate from basic nursing education program, within six months after graduation. First membership year only.)
- Full Time Student (Registered Nurse in full-time studies)
- Totally disabled
Includes membership in, and benefits of, the Louisiana State Nurses Association and LSNA District Association
- Master Card/Visa
- EFT (Checking account, Credit Card or Debit Card)
- Debit Card
- Electronic Dues (Draft from Checking Account)